Saturday, September 5, 2015

Purple Rodney Majesty

Just a quick post today - I'm currently trying not to die after running a collegiate 5k last night while coming off of a torn hamstring and a massive case of shin splints.  In short, I hurt.  A lot.

However, I can't help but feel a bit better when I look at this card:



So shiny.  So purple.  So easy to draw me in.

When the Cubs traded for Rodney a week and a half ago, I already had a couple cards to chose from to use in my CATRC; however, I really wanted a card that showed him doing his infamous/famous bow and arrow routine after a successful save.

I am not a member of the fun police.  Entertain me!  Play better baseball if you don't want to be shown up.


Is someone disrespecting the game up there, Brian?


While perusing Ebay, I came across this awesome purple refractor from 2012 Topps Chrome with an opening bid of a mere 50 cents.  The price was right, it's shiny, it shows his routine and the purple looks swell with the Rays jersey, so, I put in a bid on a lark.  Lo and behold, I was apparently the only one interested.  Into the CATRC binder it goes!

In the meantime, I think I'm going to take a nice ice bath and regret my decision to race so soon... if I can get up off of this computer chair.




1 comment:

  1. I need to get back into running... but not until this stinking heat wave breaks.
    Shiny. I love shiny. Nice pick up on the Rodney card. I hope the Cubs are saying the same thing about the player a month from now.

    ReplyDelete