Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It's Important to Have Spares

It's always important to have a spare.  This applies to every aspect of life, be it collecting baseball cards, filing important documents, keeping a cheap cell phone around for when you inevitably drop it while running down a CTA ramp to catch a train and it slides face first the entire way down the concrete surface...  Ok, that last one was extremely specific, but I'm still mad at myself for that one.

Anyway, after the winter we've had in Chicago, it's especially important to make sure you have a spare tire ready to go.

Driving to work every day using the roadways in Northwest Indiana is like driving on Swiss cheese (but the road doesn't taste nearly as good as Swiss cheese) and it was inevitable that this would bite me.  Today was that day:


Notice that the rim is cracked; the hole was so deep and the impact was so jarring that it actually turned on my windshield wipers.  Yikes!

As a baseball card collector, I always keep some spares around just in case the potholes evolve to the point that they swallow up my card collection, or something like that anyway.

But, I'm trying to clear out some space before I move next month and so the time has come to jettison some of these spares.  I have a few copies of these cards do to my hoarding personality, so I feel pretty comfortable sending them to other homes.  Anyone want to trade?



If you're interested, send me an e-mail and I'll provide some higher quality pictures.  Please see my "Who I Need" and ""Most Wanted" pages on the top of the page and we can arrange a safe exchange. 

I made that sound like a hostage situation; I promise I'm not holding these guys against their wills.

No comments:

Post a Comment