Monday, June 15, 2015

Because It's the Cup

Today's post is going to be quite brief, as all of my focus is going towards game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight.

Now, I admit, I am only a casual hockey fan and usually only watch the Blackhawks when the playoffs role around.  Some might consider me a bandwagon fan (and they have a case); but, I just see it as appreciating greatness.

While I caught the tail end of the Jordon-era Bulls dynastic run, I was a little too young to be able to understand just how rare and astounding it was.  Thus, this is really the first time I've ever been able to truly appreciate such a stretch of dominance.  Here's hoping they take possession of Lord Stanley's Cup for the third time in the last six years!




As I said, I am only a casual hockey fan, so this right here is the only hockey card that I have in my entire collection and it came as an accidental addition to stack of true baseball cards.  Sneaky little Orr.

While Bobby was briefly a Hawk at the end of his Hall of Fame career, he is as much a Blackhawk as Hoyt Wilhelm is a Cub.  It's a shame that I don't have any true Blackhawk cards in my collection.

Maybe I'll start up a nice collection, similar to my CATRC, if I can find a well-stocked dimebox to get me started.  Plus, I've already started up two OTHER collections in the past few months (which I'll spotlight some other time); I can only spend so much money on cards, after all.

In the meantime, since the Cubs game has been cancelled for tonight due to some crazy thunderstorms, I can devote my full attention to the happenings at the United Center - where the Hawks could clinch the title in Chicago for the first time since 1938....

...ha, as a Cubs fan, that doesn't even sound like a long time!



No comments:

Post a Comment