Monday, August 25, 2014

Under Cover of Darkness...

...I hath returned!

Yes, that's right - the blight on the internet (otherwise known as my blogging) is back and better (?) than ever.  After many bouts with health issues, monetary issues, automobile issues, family issues, vacation issues, internet issues, et al, I have finally been able to sit down and commit some time to this endeavor.

While I was gone, a whole lot has changed in the land of Wrigley.  We've said goodbye to several faces:






On the flipside, we've said hello to some bright, new faces as well. Some of the big name prospects have finally arrived (with more to come soon!). Plus, some interesting reclamation projects have filtered in as well:



 



As you can see, I haven't let my lack of time keep me from procuring some cards here and there - only blogging about them instead.

**Also, if anyone has any extras of Dallas Beeler, Chris Valaika, Eli Whiteside or Kyle Hendricks laying around, I'll gladly trade ya!**

So, in the next few days, I'm hoping to catch you all up on all the new Cubs I have added to my collection since way back in May.   I don't mean to brag, but there has been some pretty cool stuff!

Tomorrow, I'll start back in earnest by showing off my vintage additions and on Wednesday I'll focus on the oddballs (most of which are also vintage).

That is, unless a grand piano falls off a crane and crushes me as I stroll casually down the sidewalk - which considering my recent string of luck, can't be ruled out.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back and blogging! Looking forward to seeing all the new Cubbies you've picked up.

    ReplyDelete